Zucchini Lasagna Rolls Recipe
If you’re on a low carb diet but you can’t stop thinking about pasta—like…let’s say it together LASAGNA.
Then this low carb, gluten free recipe for zucchini lasagna rolls is about to satisfy your mouth and your belly.
GET IN MY BELLY.
It is healthy but still packed with savory flavor. A roll made of sliced zucchini stuffed with ricotta, parmesan, mozzarella, parsley seasoning and topped with marinara, parmesan and melty mozzarella cheese—your body won’t even know this isn’t the real thing and your craving for carbs will be crushed.
Are you ready to put this in your belly?
Then pre-heat that oven and let’s get down to today’s business of zucchini lasagna rolls.
What You’ll Need:
Ingredients for Zucchini Lasagna Rolls
- 1 15-oz. container of skim ricotta
- 3/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups of low sodium low sugar marinara or tomato sauce
- 4 large zucchini, sliced 1/8″ thick pre grilled to remove 50% water .
- 16oz skim grated mozzarella
Directions to Make Zucchini Lasagna Rolls
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Make ricotta mixture: In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, parsley, 1/2 cup Parmesan, egg and garlic powder and season lightly with salt and pepper. Stir well.
- In 9″-x-13” baking dish or casserole pan spread a thin/modest layer of marinara onto the bottom.
- On wax paper or foil assemble lasagna roll ups by laying out sliced zucchini flats.
- On each flat of zucchini, spoon a moderate layer of marinara or tomato sauce, then spoon ricotta mix from step two, and top with mozzarella.
- Roll up each zucchini flat and place in your 9×13 pan.
- Sprinkle arranged zucchini lasagna rolls with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan and drizzle remaining marinara or tomato sauce on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for around 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake additional 15 minutes until zucchini lasagna rolls are slightly browned and cheese is melted.
Post bake instructions:
- Remove from oven.
- Let cool.
- STUFF YO’ FACE.
Approximate Nutrition Information
Yield: 9, Serving Size: 1/9
Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 13.9g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Protein: 21g
If you loved that, stop by our guacamole galore recipes here.
If you’re on a low carb diet to lose weight, seek other natural remedies here.
Burn calories. Block carbs. Burn fat. Boom.